We help homeless families — parents and children — who are in need of shelter. We give them a place to stay and three meals a day by housing them at our network of churches and synagogues. While they’re in our shelter network, we work with moms and dads on a plan that addresses the issues that led to their homelessness. Goals are set and parents are compassionately guided to take the steps necessary to find a home and become self-sufficient. Does your family need emergency shelter? Call IHN at 973-746-1400, Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Your support of the Interfaith Hospitality Network shows you understand the importance of addressing family homelessness with a comprehensive approach. You know the answer isn’t shelter alone, but a collection of resources that empower families to lasting independence.With the global health crisis we’re facing these families need your support more than ever. IHN has built a reputation ...Read more»
- The Interfaith Hospitality Network of Essex County is dedicated to providing a safe environment for our IHN guest families, congregations, volunteers, and staff. In the last few weeks, we have provided extensive training about how to prevent and contain COVID-19. While we are continuing to serve our families, we have made modifications to our program to ...Read more»
- This year, Partners for Health Foundation has agreed to match donations made by December 31, dollar-for-dollar. This is a tremendous opportunity for you to double your impact.Read more»
- The IHN Ambassador Program aims to educate the public about family homelessness in Essex County and create a diverse volunteer network to raise awareness. The Ambassadors will assist IHN with projects that will help the needy families in our community. Would you like to learn more about the Ambassador Program? Please contact Angie Benedict at firstname.lastname@example.org ...Read more»
- Wondering what to do with your used car or truck? Instead of selling, trading or storing your vehicle, you can donate it to Interfaith Hospitality Network of Essex County. It’s convenient, easy, and you may qualify you for a tax deduction.Read more»